A few weeks ago, Sam needed a doorbell for his fort -- obviously you can't knock on blankets. So Matthew made a doorbell out of a clothespin, some tinfoil and a battery. I wish I had a picture of it!
Sam was so interested in how it worked, Matthew decided they should make something together.
We have a book in our garage entitled, "Explosives and Homemade Bombs". It's from a class he took in college -- and yes, they made bombs! Instead of making a bomb, he adapted it to make a light that can turn off and on with a trigger -- so after a quick trip to Radio Shack for a few parts -- they were ready to start assembling.
Connecting the wires...
Checking out all the little pieces...
It works!
Zak can do it too!
Matthew has really impressed us with his "bomb" making abilities!





Great Story! I remember coming home from school one day to find Matthew making a bomb on the kitchen table. My father happened to be there too - in a bullet proof vest.
ReplyDelete