Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

You see gingerbread houses everywhere -- and they look so festive -- it seemed like it might be a fun activity to try with the boys.

I now know that buying a pre-made house is the way to go! I didn't quite have enough hands to get the pieces "glued" together. Sam ended up with a flat-roofed house and Zak got a tent. They didn't seem to mind!

Zak just wanted to eat the candy.
He did add the "roof" all by himself.


Sam had a hard time figuring out what he should put on his house. He was against just loading it up with candy -- every piece had to have a function!

This house has a chimney, a doorbell and roof vents.
He is definitely focused on function!


They came out pretty cute!


I'm not sure if the boys had more fun decorating their houses or eating the candy...well, they probably had more fun eating the candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment