Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Chicken Project

Sam's Sunday School class is raising money to buy chickens for needy families in third world countries. He came home and told us all the things he could do around the house to earn extra money. I'm all for a little hired help!

He made a collection jar.


He's put away silverware from the dishwasher, swept the floor, sorted and matched socks -- he's always ready to earn a little "chicken money". One morning while I was making breakfast, he made all the beds in the house -- without being asked. It is his responsibility to make his own bed every morning, but he went above and beyond when he made Zak's and ours.

I was impressed -- his pillow placement is pretty good!


He has a few more weeks to go and is excited about any opportunity to add to his chicken fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment