We set out for beautiful Jacksonville, Oregon to visit Grandpa and Nana, aunts, uncles and cousins. It's about a six hour drive, depending on how many stops you need to make. Which, of course, all depends on your kids! Car trips have not been smooth sailing since the addition of Zak, but things are looking up (or at least they did on the trip down!). A quick lunch stop and we were on the road again. Here are our two great travelers!

The Jensen cousins were also up for a visit, so the kids had lots of fun playing together.
Joanna, Caleb, Sam and Zak.

We also got to meet the newest cousin, Selah. No one is quite sure who she looks like, but I think she looks like Nana.
The weather has been gorgeous so we went on a little hike. The kids enjoyed running around the trail.
Sam, Joanna and Caleb

But, I think they had even more fun playing in the gravel in the parking lot!
Sam and Grandpa enjoying a rare snuggle.
We'll head back home in a couple of days and I'm sure we'll hear, "Why did we have to leave?", which is what we usually hear on our way home. It's always fun at Grandpa and Nana's house!
Who can resist Zak's beautiful face on her blog roll? I can't! Sorry, Michelle, but even if he was screaming the entire car ride, I'd have to say that smile must more than make up for it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time for all. I am envious of your ability with Matthew's schedule to get up and away. Have a safe trip back...I'll be praying it is peaceful!!!
~S