Monday, March 23, 2009

Seen & Heard

Although this may be a repeat for the grandparents, we wanted to remember a few things that have been seen and heard at our house lately.


Just imagine a little boy working on a puzzle, singing “I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart”, and this is our view…


________________________________________________

I was teaching Sam how to play “Red Light, Green Light” recently, and it became apparent that he may be able to pass his driver’s exam sooner that we thought.

He was doing a great job stopping on “red” and running on “green”. Suddenly, after I had called out “red light”, he stopped and then started running again. I told him that he couldn’t go again until I said “green light”. He just looked at me and said, “Mom, I’m going right on red.”

Who can argue with that?


________________________________________________________

This is the Bible that we use for Sam's devotions every night.



He loves to look at it when he’s in bed, so even though he is typically very careful with his books, it’s seen its share of repairs.

I walked in to check on him one night and this page was torn – quite a big tear.


I asked him if he had torn that page and he said, “Yes.” I told him that he knew better than to tear pages in his Bible and if he couldn’t treat it respectfully, he wouldn’t be allowed to read it in bed anymore. “But Mom,” he said, “I was just cutting Samson’s hair.”

He still gets to read his Bible in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment