Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sam's Bible Study

A few weeks ago I started the fall Bible Study at our church -- we're doing Beth Moore's Esther study. It's very good. In an attempt to get it done with a little peace and quiet, I've been getting up early and doing it before the boys get up.

This was working well until last week, when Sam started getting up earlier. So, I told him I was doing my Bible study, but he could read books quietly on the couch while I worked on it. Sam decided he was going to have a Bible study too -- so he got out his Adventure Bible and his notebook and pencil and sat down next to me. He wanted to know what I was reading about. I told him we were studying the story of Esther -- and showed him where it was in his Bible -- we had just read it together a couple of weeks ago. Then he wanted me to write "Esther" on his paper. He then proceeded to write out "Esther" and the number reference that was in his Bible -- we didn't even know he could write numbers!

The next morning, he was up early again -- so he got his Bible and his notebook and told me he was going to work on his Bible study too -- he wasn't finished with Esther yet. He's done this almost every morning for the last week -- sometimes he's even done it all by himself! He has wrapped up Esther and has now moved on to David and Goliath.

Although there are quite a few more distractions with Sam joining my Bible study time -- the questions are abundant! -- I'm more than happy to encourage him!



Sam's notebook page on Esther.


Sam's notes on David and Goliath.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    That is absolutely the cutest story I've heard in a long time! Good for you guys!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete