Friday, May 28, 2010

Special Family Time

A trip to the mall with an agenda...two boys in tow...without Matthew...typically results in unmet expectations. Today we were moderately successful!

When I laid out the plan -- kids play...Mom goes to a store...kids play...Mom goes to a store...kids play...we all go to lunch -- Sam was ready for fun! He kept saying, "Let's go have some special family time".


They did such a good job in Pottery Barn (I never realized how many glass and fragile items they have in low places until I tried to shop and watch the boys at the same time) that they deserved a special treat. Not only did we play in the mall play area -- I sprang for a ride in one of the toy cars.

Sam picked the fire engine and the boys climbed in for a ride. They loved it! Laughing and smiles all around.
When asked which fire engine he liked the best, this one or his Dad's, without missing a beat he said, "This one was a lot better -- I got to touch all the buttons!"

Fun on the engine!


Touching buttons.


Lunching at Nordstom.


Do you think Zak liked his chocolate chip cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment