Saturday, May 15, 2010

We All Scream For Ice Cream!

We've been working on a "situation" at our house for years. Our "situation" is that our children do not like to eat ice cream. I know. Where did we go wrong?

The ice cream truck goes by our house daily in the summer. We can't get anyone interested in picking out a treat. That's right. They don't eat popsicles either.

So yesterday was a great family day. We spent the morning at the community center swimming. Sam is taking swimming lessons this month so he was able to show us all that he has learned -- and then some! He can swim all over the place using a noodle. He is a fearless jumper. This was Zak's first time in a pool -- and he loved it! Our pool has a water slide and Zak wanted to go again and again!

Our afternoon was spent outside in the yard -- Matthew put in a drip system for the plants -- and then the boys went to the park.


It was pizza night for dinner. Things were going so well, I offered up some ice cream for dessert. And Sam said, "I want ice cream". So, I made small ice cream cones for the boys.
Sam tried his and decided that he now likes ice cream. Zak thought it was fun to put his tongue on it -- but that was as far as he was willing to go.


Before we get too excited about our trips to Baskin Robbins -- Sam barely made a dent in his ice cream before he was ready to be finished. I'll guess we'll need to keep working on it -- but it was positive progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment