Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let The Blogging Begin!

Yes, it’s true. I’ve been sucked into the world of blogging! Hopefully, this will be our way of keeping track of life as it happens.

Yesterday, the boys and I went to visit Matthew at the Fire Station since it had been a while since our last visit. Of course we rarely go empty-handed. Sam and I made Rice Krispy Treats after breakfast and enjoyed a few samples along the way.

Sam just loves going to the Fire Station. He doesn’t quite understand that not every little boy has this opportunity. He has a whole list of things that he has to do once we get there. Visit the fire engine, of course. Turning on all the lights and “driving”. Usually he climbs around the rehab unit (because it has a toilet and a light switch), but unfortunately it was out while we were there. He walks on the treadmill in the exercise room. Slides down the pole (just from as high as his Dad can hold him up). Investigates the insides of all the cupboards in the kitchen. Checks out his Dad’s bedroom to make sure his artwork is properly displayed. You can see that there is a lot for him to do! This time he got on the public address system with one of the other firefighters. He loved hearing his voice boom across the station – he would start laughing before he could even finish his sentence.

As you can see, Zak also got in on the action on this visit.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your blog -- I'm ready to burst into song! I was checking on Lori this am and noticed Portland had been there from a new source! I just had to investigate and was thrilled when greeted by these beautiful, familiar faces.

    Love the pictures of the guys. You're right, most little boys would give their eye teeth for the chance to visit their dad in such a "boy's dreamworld" on a regular basis. What fabulous memories they are making.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.
    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about your boys! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your family's adventures. Your boys are so very cute. I love the awake/sleep chart dialogue and the video of your little one in the bath! So Sweet! Glad we can keep up this way!

    ReplyDelete